Friday, June 5, 2009

Iced Coffee Anyone?

I read somewhere the other day a really great idea for making iced coffee at home.

The writer suggested when you are finished with your coffee for the day, if there is any leftover, you freeze it in an ice cube tray to use later as the ice cubes for iced coffee. This uses up the java and prevents your iced beverage from getting watered down. I thought this was a great idea and I immediately implemented it. I've made myself an iced coffee the past two days and they are fabulous! I even had to leave one unfinished to run an errand and when I got home, I just added another couple of cubes and it was still full strength. What a simple, and frugal idea!

2 comments:

paisley penguin said...

I read that too and so plan to implement. In fact, I read somewhere about freezing slices of citrus fruit to add to your water. Yumm oh!

Angie said...

You totally rock! What a great idea, I've been eyeballing the coffee's at mcdonalds and was afraid to buy it incase it was yucky, so now I can try this at home and save some green.