Monday, April 27, 2009
* 1 bag of frozen peas thawed (tip: open the bag into your collander and run hot water over them while shaking, this will thaw them nicely)
* 1/2 pound of bacon, browned, drained and crumbled. (tip: I cut the bacon up into small pieces with kitchen shears while it's still raw, then I brown the bits)
* 2 Tbsp of diced dehydrated onion, you could also use fresh if you like
* 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
* 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
* 1/8 - 1/4 cup ranch salad dressing to taste
* 1 tsp black pepper
Mix up all the ingredients and let chill for about an hour before serving.
This is super YUMMY! Now go make it yourself!
Sunday, April 26, 2009
I have no idea as to why you won't accept my invitation to be your friend on facebook. I truly do know you and thought we were friends during school. Remember me? I had a locker assignment right next to you for many years because our school based assignments on birthdays and we happen to share the same one. And about that, are you maybe mad because we had to share the same room in the hospital the day we were born? Did it make you mad that I was always nice to you? Were you perhaps burdenend by the fact that we have known each other since birth and our families know each other too? Was that a bit of oblilgatory friendship that we shared in school maybe? If so, could you just write me a little note back and let me know? Because silly me, I thought you were really my friend who I had lost touch with and was genuinely curious as to how you are and have been for the past 12 years!
I truly do hope things are well for you and I truly do hope to hear back.
Thanks and take care,
small town city girl
Thursday, April 23, 2009
Monday, April 20, 2009
Start with at least 4 pounds of apples to make it worth your while.Quarter, core and peel each apple.
Dice them all up and put them in a big dutch oven pan, add about 1/2 cup of water, cover and boil for about 15 minutes. More or less until they are able to be mashed.
GO, Make it yourself!
Friday, April 17, 2009
Thursday, April 16, 2009
Then I got to thinking....Do you think it could do the same for my thighs and rear? Wouldn't that be nice? Whip out the good ol' blow dryer and gone would be any trace of cellulite or imperfection! Ahhhhh, the world would never be the same, we would have no need for liposuction or lifts. Wouldn't that be GREAT?!? Maybe I'll figure out a way to make that work.
Monday, April 13, 2009
For those who don't know (probably everyone except paisley penguin) I'm a Partylite consultant in addition to being a SAHM.
So, in the next couple of weeks be on the look out!
Sunday, April 12, 2009
We are up to a count of oh, 17 of these monster toys. I can honestly tell you that I am about done hearing the words "Mom can you transform him for me?". The little people (and I say little, because they have to have small hands at least!) who make these annoying toys must have some complete and udder hatred for all parents of small children. The age limits on these things are sometimes as young as 4 and on a few of them, DH and myself have spent more than an hour trying to "transform" one! Yes, ONE! The horrible part, my son is in love with them. So even in my most frustrated state, I will "transform him" just one more time.
Curse you, tranformer making guy! CURSE YOU!
Friday, April 10, 2009
I did manage to finally sell all the stuff I listed on CL too, so at least my son was happy. He got to buy himself some new toys.
Hope everyone is great.
Wednesday, April 1, 2009
I cleaned out my son's room recently and we collectively decided upon a few things that need to be put up for sale. So, today I listed them on Craigslist.
I love many things about this wonderful web classified like:
- the fact that it's free
- most people are generally nice when purchasing kids stuff
- the fact that it's free
- oh, and did I mention...it's free!
I also have decided that while there are many good qualities to this service, there are several that drive me nuts like:
- people who email you and ask only if you still have the item not leaving a name or any other information
- the same people; when you email back that you do and give contact information ie...a phone number, disregard said phone number and either never contact you back or email you again with another odd question.
- people who email saying they want your item and ask immediately for an address as if they can just waltz over any time without a pre-agreed upon meeting time and/or place.
So, my advice to anyone just trying Craigslist for the first time is to just be normal! When you email someone about a listed item, give your name. Ask when a good time to complete the transaction would be. Don't call a phone number after 9:00 at night! And for goodness sake, at least give the person the courtesy of a response if they ask you a question. Use your manners.
And please, if you think of it, send happy thoughts into the atmosphere for me on the few (4) items I currently have listed that they sell quickly and without having to deal with too many weirdos.