Thursday, August 21, 2008

Jetty Island

Yesterday, my son and I went to a little man-made island in Everett, WA called Jetty Island. We went with my good friend/next door neighbor and her kids. Her son and my son have dubbed each other as best friends. It's really cute.

We had a great time! If you have the chance to visit, I would definitely recommend it. We went on not so nice of a day weather wise, but the kids still had a blast. They built sand castles, played in the water, hunted for shells and chased seagulls. My son decided that all seagulls are named Tom...even the girls. We even wrote the name "Tom Seagull" in the sand because he wanted them to have their name written just like him.

I will now bore you with some photos. It really was a fun time.




This was the ferry that we took over from the "mainland" to the island. There is normally a bigger boat (pictured in the background).
However, because the weather was iffy they used this one instead.



This is the island right after we docked. We walked to the other side so we didn't have to play in all that gooky stuff.

This is "Tom Seagull", one of the many.



Here are the boys working together digging a hole which later became the base of their joint effort sand castle. My son (in blue) promply squashed it upon completion.


And lastly, one of my sweet boy walking on the beach. So precious.


No comments: