Monday, October 27, 2008

Make it yourself Monday...Banana Raisin Bread

I'm snack mom at preschool this week so I decided to make a banana bread. And just for fun, I thought I'd add raisins. The kids love them and we can't serve them alone as they are "a choking hazard". I personally don't know too many almost 5 year olds that can't chew, but hey...whatever. I'll cook the little guys. So, here you go...here's the recipe. Go make it yourself...

Photo coming soon...

Banana Raisin Bread

1/3 cup butter softened
2/3 cup sugar
2 eggs
2 Tbsp milk
1 3/4 cups flour
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 cup mashed ripe banana
1 cup raisins (or chocolate chips)

1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease loaf or muffin pan.

2. Cream together butter and sugar. Add eggs one at a time beating well after each addition. Add milk; beat until blended.

3. Stir together flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda; add alternatly with banana to butter mixture beating until smooth after each addition. Gently fold in raisins (or chocolate chips). Pour into prepared pan.

4. Bake 60-65 minutes until wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes then remove from pan to wire cooling rack. For easier slicing; wrap in foil and store overnight.

If you do decide to try this recipe, let me know what you think! Thanks!

No comments: