Monday, October 27, 2008

Why is it...

That whenever you REALLY need something, in some way shape or form you get it totally unexpectedly? I'm not complaining at all. I've just been pondering this for today.

DH has been off work due to lack of work for 3 days now and it doesn't look promising for the rest of this week either. We are fine on food, our bills are paid, but we're running low on gas. We've made it our goal to get through these tough times without using our credit cards and we would like to stray away from tapping into savings as well. So being low on gas today, I've been plotting my week for all the driving we have to do and making trips run together.

When we got the mail this afternoon; wouldn't you know there was a rebate check we've been waiting for for $20! With gas coming down significantly here over the last couple of weeks...it's now $2.75 per gallon...I'm able to get over seven gallons of gas! WHOO HOO!! This is a big difference from a month ago when gas was almost one full dollar more.

I'm very thankful that I started couponing over the summer and have quite the stockpile of goods. I'm also thankful that we are taken care of. Our needs are met. It makes me very grateful!!

What are you grateful for?

2 comments:

paisley penguin said...

So very awesome!

Angie said...

I know what your saying it happens here alot. Have a great week and goodluck with the work.