Friday, November 21, 2008

DH caved...I saw Twilight at 12:01 am!


My sweet hubby said he didn't mind if I went to the movie without him. And I must say I was shocked to see the diversity in the room. We had age ranges from about 9 to over 50! It was a fantastic mix. I sat next to a lady with her 14 year old son. She had read the books, he had not. It was a fun crowd.


As for the movie. Without giving away the book for any who haven't read it...are there any of you out there? I was disappointed. The movie did not do it for me.


I was really hoping they would capture all the greatness from the book. Similar to Harry Potter. I really admire J.K. Rowlings insistance that the movies not divert from the path of the book even more now! I don't think the screen writer did a very good job of encompassing the thoughts in Bella's head without actually having her say them. I don't think they did a good job at portraying the connection between Bella and Edward. I think they spent too much energy trying to make the movie contemporary enough to resonate with the kids in school today but they did it in a way that didn't make sense for the town of Forks. I was disappointed in the times that laughter broke out in the theater when it shouldn't have. They made very serious scenes humourus without need. I just didn't like it much at all! I didn't like the casting much either. I didn't feel the connections of the actors to the characters. With the exception of Emmett. I thought he was cast perfectly. I thought Bella was too confrontational and Edward was just plain wrong. They didn't dress him like was mentioned in the book, he always seemed to have a dorky, confused look on his face and he just wasn't that sexy!. Other small things too, like the Cullen house, the flying in the trees, and the eating dinner at the diner every night. I thought Bella enjoyed cooking for her father like a release of sorts. I was just disappointed. (Sigh)


Would I see it again? Absolutely not in the theater. I will probably rent it when it comes out just to see if my mind is changed at all after rereading the books.


If you haven't read the book, DON'T see the movie first. You will definitely regret it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope to see it this weekend.

paisley penguin said...

I'm glad you got to go and I'm bummed you didn't like it.

Considering I have not read the books - yet. I am now on the hunt to read them.

I can't get them at the library and my SK's don't have copies from their mom's house. I truly want to read them but am not currently buying myself any books. If I find them at half price then maybe......

Seriously Brenda said...

Starting chapter 7 tonight...