Saturday, February 7, 2009

Jedi mind tricks.

So, lately I've been thinking and I've come to the conclusion that my DS has supernatural powers. Powers of persuasion and charm. Not just affecting me though.

In the past month, I have been approached no less than 6 times by complete strangers in the super market, drug store, gas station and who remembers where else. Each time it's been by someone of a different dynamic. We've heard from the little old people, the middle aged soccer moms, the people my own age, and even once by a man probably in his late 40's early 50's. He's really the only one who actually creeped me out. You'll see why in a minute.

Each time we're greeted with a kind hello and then I'm informed by the onlooker of how sweet, cute, handsome, enthusiastic, kind, (insert your own compliment here) my son is. Nice, right? Well, here's the kicker. EVERY time, while this person is standing there complimenting me on the wonderful nature of my adorable son he is sitting there GLARING at them. Not just a little glare either. He is full on, scary face, glaring at them. And each time, the people make a comment on how cute he is while he's glaring too! I don't get it.

I think he has some odd special power. When he does smile at someone and it's VERY rare, it's even worse! I totally feel sorry for his wife someday. He already has "the look" down pat and at some point will unleash the full effect of that on some poor unsuspecting girl and she will fall hopelessly in love with him just like I did his daddy.

No comments: