Monday, April 20, 2009

Make it yourself Monday...Applesauce

This is my family's favorite! Especially when served warm and over ice cream. I do have to make it the "hard" way as my mom says because I don't have a kitchen center like she does. It's still a lot of fun and it's so good, it's worth every minute! Enjoy!

Start with at least 4 pounds of apples to make it worth your while.

Quarter, core and peel each apple.

Dice them all up and put them in a big dutch oven pan, add about 1/2 cup of water, cover and boil for about 15 minutes. More or less until they are able to be mashed.

Remove the apples from the heat and mash with your potato masher until they are as smooth or chunky as you like. Then add BROWN SUGAR (about 1/2-3/4 cup) Cinnamon (to taste, we like lots! 4 tbsp) and a dash of nutmeg (about 3/4 tsp) Stir it all up and ENJOY!!


GO, Make it yourself!


1 comment:

Seriously Brenda said...

I am totally stealing your receipe for tomorrows preschool snack! Thanks!