Thursday, August 7, 2008

Boys are very peculiar creatures.

My son is 4 years old and almost completely riding his 2 wheel bike on his own. He can ride the bike fine once he gets started but he has trouble with the initial take off and the landing. This is an accomplishment that my husband can take 100% credit for. I am way to over protective when it comes to activities that can lead to broken bones and skinned up knees.

That being said; on Monday I had a meeting to attend in the evening. Dear husband and son decided that while I was gone they were going to go ride bikes at the school across the street. They were almost ready to head home when my son decided to mess around with the handle bars, shaking them side to side quickly while still riding. You can see where this is going right? Yup, he fell....hard. I guess he cried a bit, but nothing like he would have if I had been there. He has road rash on his elbow and a bruise on his cheek bone.




When they got home, DH took a picture of the wound so I could see when I got home.

Here's the part I don't understand. My son is proud of the fact that he: 1) got hurt and has a really big scab and 2)only cried when it first happened.

And now he thinks it's "really cool" because it "looks like caramel sauce".

I don't know that I will ever understand.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that's some serious road rash! I'm amazed how proud boys are of their scars. My three year old thinks it is funny to say 'chicks dig scars'
Daddy taught him...not me!