Thursday, December 11, 2008

"It was cheap"....YEAH RIGHT!

Yesterday I was snack mom at preschool and I forgot! I walked in the door and it dawned on me, whoops! It was also my work day in the classroom so I was unable to go to the store and pick something up. One of the other moms who didn't have to stay, offered to run and pick snack up for me. Very sweet! She came back with 4 pounds of bananas, 8 string cheese sticks, and a bag of gold fish crackers. When I asked her what I owed her she replied "the reciept is in the bag, it was cheap...like $10."

Now, to the normal person that might seem cheap. But to me, that was a fortune! I have been couponing so long now that I forget that I'm in the minority and most people spend much more than I do. My DH laughed at me when I told him this story because he thought I was going to pass out at the thought of spending regular price on anything. Love you honey!!

Just to give you an idea as to what I could buy with $10 take my trip to Walgreens last night.

Here's what I bought:

6 bottles of Arm & Hammer Laundry Soap (regular price $41.94)
4 boxes of Reynolds Wrap Aluminum Foil (regular price $6.76)
2 boxes of Sugar Free Jello brand Gelatin (regular price 2.38)
1 Loreal Face Wash (regular price $6.99)
1 Loreal Eye Cream (regular price $16.49)
1 Maybelline Lip Gloss (regular price $5.79)
1 Maybelline Lip Liner (regular price $6.49)
2 Sure Deoderents (regular price $5.98)
1 bag of bows (regular price $.99)
2 4 packs of Scotch brand gift tape (regular price $7.98)
1 Pedi Paws dog nail trimmer (regular price $19.99)

Here's what I spent: $28.65, and I have another $5 off my next purchase!

Overall I received $121.78 in products for just under $30. As you can see, $10 for snack is not cheap for me!

The moral of the story is...DON'T FORGET WHEN YOU ARE SNACK MOM!

2 comments:

Angie said...

You so rock keep up the great couponing!! Have a grat weekend. angie

Anonymous said...

I so want to go shopping with you!