Monday, April 27, 2009

Make it yourself Monday....Pea Salad

I found this idea at the local Fred Meyer Deli and because I couldn't justify paying $5.99/lb I concocted this version of the recipe by myself. I found it to be YUMMY! My MIL liked it as well. DH said it was a bit to pea-ey for his taste and suggested I add more bacon. But, who doensn't like more bacon? Here you go: PEA SALAD

* 1 bag of frozen peas thawed (tip: open the bag into your collander and run hot water over them while shaking, this will thaw them nicely)
* 1/2 pound of bacon, browned, drained and crumbled. (tip: I cut the bacon up into small pieces with kitchen shears while it's still raw, then I brown the bits)
* 2 Tbsp of diced dehydrated onion, you could also use fresh if you like
* 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
* 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
* 1/8 - 1/4 cup ranch salad dressing to taste
* 1 tsp black pepper

Mix up all the ingredients and let chill for about an hour before serving.

This is super YUMMY! Now go make it yourself!

No comments: